Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Tempura House (WLA)

Voting went without a hitch today. At 9 am, I was in and out in 15 minutes and even had time to pick up a bento lunch at Tempura House across from the polling station. Unlike the Japanese market assortment, this bento had a far more motherly touch with a handful of vegetables (kiriboshi daikon, tsukemono, tofu, carrot, edamame), fried fish, tamagoyaki (rolled omelet), kamaboko (fish cake), and a tiny bit of menchi katsu (minced meat cake). All this and a pack of rice for $5.50.

Afterward, I went to collect on Election Day freebies. Unfortunately, Pink Taco didn't open 'til 11:30 am. The lady behind the desk said the '3 tacos and tequila shot' was a dine-in only deal, so I've decided to return later in the evening. Ben & Jerry's doesn't start serving free scoops until 5 pm. Though I may have to skip out on that one considering I'm still lactose intolerant.

If you still haven't voted... well, you must have your reasons.

If you did vote, have fun collecting on your free coffee, doughnut, Edison ale, ice cream, sex toys, etc.

Ooh I love democracy.


Tempura House
1816 Sawtelle Blvd.
LA, CA 90025
(310) 479-5989
Digg this

1 comment:

Wandering Chopsticks said...

Hey lady. It was nice meeting you tonight! Free sex toys. Damn! And I voted by mail. ;)

My verification word is "yosolid." Yo! Solid! :) Yes, I'm easily amused.