Friday, November 10, 2006

The Crawfish House @ Garden Grove


Personally, I'm not a big fan of sucking on roach-like crustaceans. Throw them in a vat of salted water, sprinkle over the Old Bay and, sure, they're finger lickin' good, but really, don't they remind you of things that scurry around in the middle of the night?

Crawfish aside, I had a grand 'ol time digging into these steaming bags of assorted seafood at The Crawfish House in Garden Grove. I rarely go down there (okay, I've only been to the area once) so I was surprised to hear that Cajun seafood boil places were the big thing. Boiling Crab on Euclid is the one everyone flocks to, but I heard this place is just as tasty, plus it's a shorter wait.

Crawfish House has nearly everything you could ever want from the sea: (Blue, Canadian, swimming, king) crab, oysters, shrimp ... And for .50 cents each, they'll throw in a corn-on-the-cob which is cooked in the same mixture of garlic, salt, pepper, onions and Cajun spices.

Like a destitute crack junkie, I kept licking the remaining bits of seasoning off the crevices of fingers as I dug the other hand into the (dime) bag for more. The shrimp and corn were my personal favorites. The sausages were pretty amazing too, and it's only $2.99 per dozen slices. Of the crawfish I ate, I kept on going back to the carcasses, trying to put them back together.

If you do go, I recommend ordering mild. From what I hear, the "hot" is no ordinary hot. Only the brave should attempt it.

The Crawfish House
10112 Westminster Ave.
Garden Grove, CA 92843
(714) 539-3297 Posted by Picasa
Digg this

1 comment:

hcg said...

I really like your writing. Thanks so much, finally a decent website with good information in it.