Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Fiore @ Little Tokyo

(disclaimer: I'm not saying Fiore's melons are noxious. I'm giving my opinion on melons as a whole. Fiore has excellent melons! Try them.)

IT'S THE SAME THING!! I just stopped by the new frozen yogurt shop in Little Tokyo and got a sample. Yes, it's the exact flavor/taste/texture as our beloved Pinkberry. The big difference? There's no line. Plus, since they just opened today they've been giving away free samples up the yin-yang. They were even kind enough to give a sample to one of the local homeless ladies.

Here's the info I gathered:

-------------original ------ green tea---------------

piccolo --- 2.95 ------------3.50

medio ---- 3.75 ------------4.25

grande --- 5.75 ------------6.25

1 topping .75
2 toppings 1.75
5 toppings 2.50

Open: 11 am- 10 pm, 7 days a week

They're still experimenting and so those are the approximate hours. Depending on the customer flow in the next few week, they'll adjust accordingly.

Not to be completely be thrown in the same box as LA's reigning frozen yogurt champion, Manager Seung says that Fiore uses fresh fruits (watermelon, pineapple, blueberries and more) and offers more on the menu like "flower tea," which is supposed to be lightly-sweetened and fragrant—a good way to compliment the dessert.

I really liked the place and hope they do well. They're a subsidiary of Todai so they definitely have a comfortable backing at least.

Digg this

9 comments:

Inland Empirical said...

yogurtacular!
i'm going tomorrow.

landofmason said...

man, i hope they open one near my work! i'd be there everyday!

e d b m said...

did they have more toppings? i'm still waiting to see what Kiwiberry has up their sleeves? PB is goohr goohr!

Pirikara said...

Yeah they had a bunch more toppings. I'll go today to take a pic of them. ..Kiwiberry? A PB offshoot?

e d b m said...

http://colleencuisine.blogspot.com/2006/07/kiwiberri-coming-soon.html

Joycelyn said...

hi, that looks so utterly refreshing! especially given the heatwave we're experiencing right now...

Inland Empirical said...

great photo!
i love that you added labels to everything.

Anonymous said...

I went there on grand opening day. I LOVED IT!!! Never been to pinkberry's, but wish there was a Fiore closer to me.

H. C. said...

A "crack" topping, eh? I'd definitely have to go for that (though in my case, that'd probably be the mini-mochis)

I am undecided in the battle between Fiore & PB. I like PB's yogurt a bit more (it's slightly more tart) but like Fiore's more open atmosphere, variety of Froyo & toppings & of course, lack of lines.