Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Akemashite Omedetou! (Happy New Year) @ Grandma's

“The main problem is that we just eat too much…”

That was a quote I found in a Sacramento Bee story on America’s continuing battle with obesity. It’s such a simple concept, yet for so many of us who’ve been programmed from birth to eat everything on our plate it’s counter-intuitive.

But that needs to change.

In the past few years, I realize my body reacts and/or rejects every bad thing for me. I can’t hold my alcohol. I get gassy and then some with things too oily, overcooked, undercooked, sitting in room temp for too long. My body is a walking bullshit detector. (I wish I could turn it off for sushi and milk products.) And overindulging in things I later find out were not prepared with the utmost care … well, that’s a recipe for bodily disaster.

So on behalf of Mikey and myself, for 2007 this site will focus on all things good and healthy in the world. And, no, I’m not talking 'bout vegan ‘cause I dunno how people can eat that stuff. I’m just talking about good food in general. Things that make you feel good both inside and out.

I’ll also occasionally add news links about those attempting to make the world a lighter planet, starting off with this one:

Starbucks puts a lid on trans fat
Digg this

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where are the ozoni photos?!